Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Question 3

What kind of media institute might distribute your product and why?
My product appeals to both mainstream and independent audiences. The low-budget and unknown actors contribute to an independent audience such as ‘Hellbride (Pat Higgins, 2007)’, which also has unrecognisable actors and is a highly unknown film among the mainstream audience.
My media product also contributes to a mainstream audience because the plot is very in-depth and conventional such as many of the popular mainstream films that are shown in renowned cinemas. For example, ‘Scream (Wes Craven, 1996)’ has a psychological and slasher villain, which my media product can relate to because my plot revolves around an insane character that uses a knife to wound it’s victims then drowns them. This film appeals to a mainstream audience and closely relates to my media product, although my product doesn’t contain any famous actors, its plot is well developed and would be highly popular among a mainstream audience.
Using my research of mainstream and independent films, I am positive that my film would be a mainstream film and would benefit by being shown in popular cinemas such as Odeon and Vue.
I would contact Working Title and consider working with them in distributing my media product because they are a highly successful production company and have produced many popular films.


To market my product I would use a viral marketing campaign, in which I would spread little clues and bits of information among the internet and would release a trailer that creates a lot of hype among the mainstream audience. This was most effect with Cloverfield in which the used viral marketing to create a ‘buzz’ resulting in the film being cheaply and successfully publicised.

No comments:

Post a Comment