Popular Posts

Friday 6 May 2011

Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
While constructing my media product, I learnt how to use a variety of things that benefitted my research and media product.
To display the information for my media product I used a blog. Blogs are very useful in which information can be categorised and others can give feedback on my work to help improve my research. They are also useful for sharing links to internet and uploading videos from sites like YouTube. You can also add decorative items to help demonstrate you work. I learnt how to embed videos, personalise my workspace and organise work. This helped towards reviewing my work and making it more convenient for others to read.

YouTube is a website in which anyone, worldwide, can upload videos and share them among everyone. This was a useful piece of technology in which I was able to upload my prelim task and final piece. It was also very helpful in my research because I was able to gain clips from horror films and analyse them as well as show them in my research on my blog. During the construction of my product I learnt how to use YouTube to help improve my work and use the videos I obtained to create examples, emphasising any point I made during my research and planning.

IMDb is a popular site used by a lot of movie fans and people who are interest in sharing their opinion of films. I used this site to research films and gain statistics on how people rated films of the horror genre. I learnt how to find information on the website and use it in my research while using user ratings to confirm the evidence I attained. This was a very helpful thing to learn because it improved my research.

During the construction of my product, it was essential to use cameras and to do this I had to learn different techniques and learn how to properly utilize them. Cameras are portable, which makes them adequate for manoeuvrability and easier to make a variety of shots, such as shaky cam, 180 degree pan and a first person view shot. Learning to use these techniques helped improve the performance of my final piece.

Adobe Premiere Elements was a new piece of technological software that I learnt to use when editing my media product. Although I only helped on the editing I learnt how to apply a variety of effects that made our media product successful. I learnt how to dim the light to make it seem dark, to fade in and out between shots and how apply titles and credits.


No comments:

Post a Comment