Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Question 4

Who would be the audience of you media product?
Initially our aim was to create a teen horror, meaning that the audience need to be the age range of 15-20 years old.
In my research I studied how films target their audience and how successful they are in achieving this. One film I studied was Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), and using IMDb, I found out what audience they appealed to and studied from looking at this graph:
From the graph it shows that Males, of any age range, enjoyed this film more than Females. I think they did this by introducing a young, popular female cast. It also shows that a lot of people, who are in my targeted age-range, enjoyed it; I think they did this by following conventions and appealing to the audience.



Another film I researched was Scream (1996) which mocked conventions, as well as following them. This graph shows the ratings given by IMDb users:

This graph also shows that a male audience preferred the film to a female audience.
Using these rating, it shows that the audience for my media product is likely to be a male audience aged between 15 and 29. I think this because from my research I learnt that teenage males watch teen horrors more often and, from the ratings of Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream, I feel that my media product has aspects of both these films, such as a young female cast and conventions of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment